On Sunday 20th. March 2016 Sustainable Sunderland in conjunction with Grow Sunderland, St. Peter’s historic church and A Space 2 Grow community garden held a free event for everyone.
The event was between 2 and 4 p.m. – there were a wide range of different things to do for people of all ages to go along and to join in with!
The activities included:
- Easter hunting
- Bug hunting
- Building a bug hotel
- Planting seeds to then take home and grow on
- Painting activities for children
- Tips for growing your own plants
- Permaculture teach-in
- See the community garden
- See the bees and beehives
- See the historic site of the 1,300 year old St. Peter’s monastery
Bede’s Bakehouse was open especially during this event for visitors to buy tea, coffee, drinks, sandwiches etc. You can find out more about Bede’s Bakehouse, St. Peter’s and Venerable Bede by clicking on this link (link opens in a new window).
This event was held in support of that World Planting Day.